Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

When Happiness is Two Steps Out of Reach

You cannot wait for happiness to come after you are successful. Whether you think happiness comes after making a certain amount of money or accomplishing a certain goal, or getting something or a person you want, it never works for long.

Why? Because when we achieve something, we simply set a new goal. We always want more. More money, more love, more toys, more whatever. If happiness is on the other side of those future wants, you will never reach it; those dreams are always one step out of reach and thus happiness is always two steps out of reach. Forever.

So if you think, "I will be happy when _____," then I'm sorry. No you won't. Or it will be fleeting. I can't tell you where to find your happiness, and I can't tell you how to find your happiness, but I can tell you the only time you can find happiness, and that is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment